Author Topic: Sports photography at its finest  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Warren Toda

• Administrator
  • Toronto
    • www.warrentoda.com
    • Email
Sports photography at its finest
« on: June 12, 2021, 05:20 PM »

Photographer in Toronto
info@warrentoda.com

Offline Diana Martin

• Professional
    • Email
Re: Sports photography at its finest
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 08:39 AM »
Dang! I'd love to see how he does for hurdles!

Offline Francis Vachon

• Professional
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 06:49 AM »
I wish I could see the end result!

Offline Ken Gigliotti

• Retired Professional
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 02:09 PM »
The tv camera people for the old XFL would down field along side wide receivers in really crazy football coverage. When one got into the huddle, the QB's play was broadacst on the big screens inside the stadium  so the defences could hear the play.The QB called a timeout to protest, the coach gave him holy hell.All theXFL teams were owned by the same person so it didn't really matter who won. Very Crazy.

Offline Ken Gigliotti

• Retired Professional
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 02:45 PM »
A happy memory from covering Wpg. Police Special Olympics Torch Runs, not any easy thing to cover. I would park my car a few blocks ahead of the runners on the route, then walk up to meet them. Carrying just a 24mm in those days of film cameras, I would  join the run, running backwards. This was always a pretty big run with lots of police, EMT and fire, families and kids so there was no stopping. Anyway as I got just a head of the pack, running backwards, they made and exchange. I thought, cool this is different. Now this complicated the names, one guy was a short simple name the next not so much. How hard could that be getting a name using every letter in the alphabet and then checking with no, a 'z' instead of an 's' ,OK ,how's that again. Still running backwards , it is really getting comical,when one in the crowd yells out, hey this photog is running faster backwards than you guys are running forward. That was a  challenge to pick it up, and they all picked up the pace and they were gone. That's why they call it work,I guess. I forgot to get their ranks.