Author Topic: Ali Ledgerwood tenders resignation as executive director  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Diana Martin

• Professional
    • Email
Dear Members,

We are writing to inform you Ali Ledgerwood has voluntarily resigned from the executive director position.

We respect the depth of consideration Ali put in her decision to resign and know it was not an easy one.

Ali’s contribution to NPAC has gone above and beyond that of an executive director, and we are grateful for her dedication and accomplishments. We all acknowledge NPAC would not be where it is today without her.

Ali took on a great deal of responsibility over the past years, the burden of which impacted the effective handling of some NPAC operations.

Moving forward, the Board will be crafting a strategic plan which will include some restructuring of responsibility and job description clarity for the roles of executive director, treasurer and administrator.

We will work towards implementing a seamless succession plan for the organization and checks and balances to ensure more than one person has access to information vital to the organization’s operation.

The Board will continue to improve transparency and strive to be of greater service to our members.

The postings for an executive director, administrator, and treasurer vacancy will appear on Charity Village and the NPAC site to spread our net wide for potential qualified applications.

Our focus is on having a new executive director in place by mid-to-end of June.

While having Ali onboard to facilitate this restructuring process would have been ideal, we respect her decision to resign.

The Board wishes Ali the best of luck in all her future endeavours.

Warmly,

The NPAC Board of Directors

Diana Martin, president,

Linda Ritcey, vice-president

Dave Chidley, co-treasurer

Ryan McLeod, co-treasurer

Francis Vachon, French-Canadian rep

Quinn Bender, Western rep

Stacey Newman, Eastern rep

Offline Fred Lum

• Professional
  • wherever Starbucks app tells me to go
    • mostlymonochrome
Re: Ali Ledgerwood tenders resignation as executive director
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 03:29 PM »
wow. I knew the AGM had some moments, but I did not see this coming. Definitely not on my bingo card. Hope the transition to whomever takes over, is smooth and the future bright.

As I posted on the FB group, Ali is not from the usual mould, and has always advocated, tooth and nail, for NPAC whenever I've brought up D&G scenarios. Will miss her energy while tossing out door prizes at the confs.

Good luck whoever you land Ali.

Fred