Author Topic: 2020 NPOY Virtual Gala - Zoom Recording - for your viewing pleasure....  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Ali Ledgerwood

• Professional
  • Vancouver
    • Email
Hi all,

We were so sorry that many people weren't able to get online to watch the Zoom Gala for the 2020 National Pictures of the awards that happened on Sunday, March 28th at the beautiful Pendulum Gallery in downtown Vancouver.  If you are in Vancouver and can attend, please check out the gallery at 850 West Georgia Street and it is up from now until April 23rd.

That being said, if you want a good giggle watching the hilariously old person version of the gala while we muck through it,  please knock your socks off.  There were some really great bits and the arguing was kinda fun too.  The winners who were able to participate had some great background stories and we also got feedback on the judging.  I know the judges had a really tough time making their way though some incredible entries.

Huge thanks to the sponsors, Barbara Davidson, Arnold Lim and Andy Clark for their amazing judging.  Also, massive kudos to Brent Calver, Quinn Bender, Crystal Schick, Warren Toda, Ryan McLeod, Laura May, Chad Hipolito, James Park, Ric Ernst and Jason Payne for all the work that they've put in, not just this year, but since the beginning back in 2007.

Finally, to all the members of NPAC and everyone who entered the contest.  We are always blown away by the quality of work that comes in and it is an honour and a privilege to be involved in such an amazing and talented, not to mention fearless group of people who fight to get the important stories out to Canadians here and abroad.  We tip our hats to you! 

I'll shut up now, but please enjoy the show, and see if you can spot the almost non-existent bloopers.  Far more professional than the Golden Globes for sure!

Meeting Recording:
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/i-6tfGZxKlgS1E0V2PR1VAyNi0J3-7_mFlj4_auvtu7a3kIXcE1RjqpBddOYXrzw.Bjgd4GXSwubYOUx4