Author Topic: September Clip Results 2020  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Chad Hipolito

• Professional
  • Victoria
    • Hip Photography
    • Email
September Clip Results 2020
« on: December 04, 2020, 12:15 PM »
Judges

David Kawai | Freelance Photojournalist | University Instructor
Sarah Dea | Parliamentary Photographer | Senate of Canada
Sean Kilpatrick | National Photographer | The Canadian Press

Photographers-19
Feature-48
News-32
Sports-14
Spot News-15
Portrait-36
Multi-Photo 6 entries/63 photos

FEATURE

1. Evan Buhler/Freelance

Wilson, a black Labrador shakes off after swimming in the Bow River in Banff, Alta. on Saturday, Sept. 19, 2020.

2. Darryl Dyck/The Canadian Press

Ben Davis wears a face mask to curb the spread of COVID-19 as he uses a sword to slice through a pumpkin while demonstrating historical European martial arts at a small outdoor birthday party, in Vancouver, on Sunday, September 20, 2020.

3. Bernard Brault/La Presse

A  monk walks in a dirt road surrounded by colored trees during an autumn day close to the St-Benoit du Lac abbey.

NEWS

1. Darryl Dyck/The Canadian Press

Green Party Leader Sonia Furstenau is silhouetted by an LED light as she responds to questions during a campaign stop in Squamish, B.C., on Tuesday, September 29, 2020. A provincial election will be held in British Columbia on October 24.

2. Ben Nelms/CBC News

Activist Chrissy Brett is arrested during a safe housing for all protest near Strathcona Park in Vancouver, British Columbia on Monday, September 28, 2020.

3. Blair Gable/Freelance

Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau speaks to media following a Cabinet retreat in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada September 16, 2020. The double image is through a TV cameras eye-piece.

H.M. Ben Nelms/CBC News

A person stands outside of a tent at the Strathcona park homeless camp prior to a rally in the neighbourhood in Vancouver, British Columbia on Monday, September 28, 2020.

SPORTS

1. Dave Holland/Freelance

Development team freestyle skier Lucas Butland gets set to launch during an offseason airbag training session at Winsport in Calgary, AB on September 26, 2020.

2. Darryl Dyck/The Canadian Press

Vancouver Whitecaps' Ryan Raposo, left, is taken down by Toronto FC's Auro Jr. during the second half of an MLS soccer game in Vancouver, on Saturday, September 5, 2020.

3. Bernard Brault/La Presse

Two golfers stands on the tee off of the 9 th hole as the sun sets in the background. The smoke caused by the fire in California made the sky orange.

PORTRAIT

1. Darryl Dyck/The Globe and Mail

Barry Marchi poses for a photograph in Delta, B.C. When Mr. Marchi's non-Hodgkin lymphoma returned, doctors told him there wasn’t anything they could do for him. “I was pretty much in panic mode," he says. (Held for September publication.)

2. Dave Holland/Freelance

With an uncertain sliding season ahead, bobsleigh brakeman Stefanie Schoenberger sits among dust-covered and idle bobsleighs at the Bobsleigh Canada Skeleton sled shop at Winsport in Calgary, AB, on September 30, 2020.

3. Ben Nelms/CBC News

Joan Williams, 71, who be provided with medical assistance in dying this Saturday after a long battle with a neurologic condition is in Vancouver, British Columbia on Wednesday, September 23, 2020.

SPOT NEWS

Officials look over the scene where a train carrying potash derailed near Hope, B.C,, on Monday, September 14, 2020. CN Rail says at least 20 rail cars carrying potash derailed today near Hope, B.C.The company says no injuries, fires or dangerous goods are involved.

2. Ben Nelms/CBC News

A man is arrested after reports of a man breaking into a commercial property in the Downtown Eastside in Vancouver, British Columbia on Thursday, September 17, 2020.

3. Jack Simpson/Freelance

As paramedics attend  an overdose on a Sunday (Sept 12th) evening in downtown XXX, a passerby continues to performs CPR.

MULTI-PHOTO

Tyler Wied wears a face mask to curb the spread of COVID-19 as he warms up before participating in a fan batting practice session hosted by the Vancouver Canadians minor league baseball team at Nat Bailey Stadium, in Vancouver, on Thursday, September 3, 2020. Twenty-five people stepped up to the plate at Nat Bailey Stadium Thursday evening. They donned batting helmets, chose bats from a selection on a rack that were sanitized and stood in the on-deck circle and took practice swings before entering the batter’s box to face pitches from a pitching machine. Many wore jerseys of their favourite teams and players but they aren’t minor league players chasing a dream of playing in the big league. They’re fans and casual players, young and old who paid $50 each for the opportunity to take 30 swings during batting practice on a professional baseball field in front of nearly 6,500 empty seats and also receive two ticket vouchers for a 2021 season game. The Vancouver Canadians, the Class A Short Season Northwest league affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays is able to host the events due to the cancellation of their season because of COVID-19. It’s the first time since 1977 that a season of Canadians baseball hasn’t taken place at the stadium. The team was also forced to furlough one third of their staff. “We hear all the time about people wanting to hit and get out on the field and it’s an opportunity for them to do that,” Canadians General Manager Allan Bailey said.
“‘I wish I could get out there, I wish I could hit a home run, I could do what they’re doing.’ Now’s their opportunity. We’re seeing tons of people that play a lot of baseball, play softball, and people that have never swung a bat.” Bailey added. Participants had their temperature checked, were given a health questionnaire and entered the stadium in their groups of five. Hand sanitizer stations were placed throughout the facility, including just steps off the first base line. Provincial health guidelines limiting public gatherings to 50 people or less were adhered to.
Mr. Bailey hopes it will open up the team to new fans that might not have experienced a game or visited the stadium before and is “blown away” by the success of the sessions. “The main reasons behind it is keeping our place in the community and keeping our name out there and being a part of the community.” Bailey said.

Harrison Hrynew, 14, connects with a pitch during a fan batting practice session hosted by the Vancouver Canadians minor league baseball team at Nat Bailey Stadium, in Vancouver, on Thursday, September 3, 2020. Participants paid $50 for a 30-pitch session and also receive two ticket vouchers for a 2021 season game. The team is able to host the sessions, which adhere to provincial health guidelines limiting public gatherings to 50 people, due to the cancelation of their season because of COVID-19. The Canadians are the Class A Short Season Northwest League affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays.

Bill Gerry takes photos and records video of his grandson Tyrell Tull participating in a fan batting practice session hosted by the Vancouver Canadians minor league baseball team at Nat Bailey Stadium, in Vancouver, on Thursday, September 3, 2020.

Sanitized baseball bats are seen before a fan batting practice session hosted by the Vancouver Canadians minor league baseball team at Nat Bailey Stadium, in Vancouver, on Thursday, September 3, 2020.

Al Vyner, centre, and his sons Duncan, left, and Colin, right, wait to participate in a fan batting practice session hosted by the Vancouver Canadians minor league baseball team at Nat Bailey Stadium, in Vancouver, on Thursday, September 3, 2020.

Youth baseball players who were hired to chase down balls are silhouetted as they warm up before a fan batting practice session hosted by the Vancouver Canadians minor league baseball team at Nat Bailey Stadium, in Vancouver, on Thursday, September 3, 2020.

Al Vyner waits to participate in a fan batting practice session hosted by the Vancouver Canadians minor league baseball team at Nat Bailey Stadium, in Vancouver, on Thursday, September 3, 2020.

Participants waiting for their time slot watch as others take part in a fan batting practice session hosted by the Vancouver Canadians minor league baseball team at Nat Bailey Stadium, in Vancouver, on Thursday, September 3, 2020.

Participants wait to step up to the plate during a fan batting practice session hosted by the Vancouver Canadians minor league baseball team at Nat Bailey Stadium, in Vancouver, on Thursday, September 3, 2020.

Al Vyner steps away from the plate after participating in a fan batting practice session hosted by the Vancouver Canadians minor league baseball team at Nat Bailey Stadium, in Vancouver, on Thursday, September 3, 2020.

Michael Dharni wears a face mask to curb the spread of COVID-19 as he waits to participate in a fan batting practice session hosted by the Vancouver Canadians minor league baseball team at Nat Bailey Stadium, in Vancouver, on Thursday, September 3, 2020.

Megan Kostrzycki, left, and her mom Melissa Kostrzycki wear face masks to curb the spread of COVID-19 as they watch people participate in a fan batting practice session hosted by the Vancouver Canadians minor league baseball team at Nat Bailey Stadium, in Vancouver, on Thursday, September 3, 2020.

A young man follows through after connecting with a pitch during a fan batting practice session hosted by the Vancouver Canadians minor league baseball team at Nat Bailey Stadium, in Vancouver, on Thursday, September 3, 2020.

2. Ben Nelms/CBC News

Grade 9 student Shavi Gopal, 14, is pictured at LA Matheson Secondary school on the first day of school in Surrey, British Columbia on Thursday, September 10, 2020.

Grade 9 student De-Shawn Haverty is pictured at LA Matheson Secondary school on the first day of school in Surrey, British Columbia on Thursday, September 10, 2020.

xGrade 8 student Sarika Chand is pictured at LA Matheson Secondary school on the first day of school in Surrey, British Columbia on Thursday, September 10, 2020.

Student at LA Matheson Secondary school in Surrey, British Columbia on Thursday, September 10, 2020.

Grade 9 students Ahsen Khan (left) and Harman Atwal are pictured at LA Matheson Secondary school on the first day of school in Surrey, British Columbia on Thursday, September 10, 2020.

Grade 9 student Ahsen Khan is pictured at LA Matheson Secondary school on the first day of school in Surrey, British Columbia on Thursday, September 10, 2020.

Student at LA Matheson Secondary school in Surrey, British Columbia on Thursday, September 10, 2020.

Grade 8 student Jora Phagura is pictured at LA Matheson Secondary school on the first day of school in Surrey, British Columbia on Thursday, September 10, 2020.

Grade 10 student Rose Daniel is pictured at LA Matheson Secondary school on the first day of school in Surrey, British Columbia on Thursday, September 10, 2020.

3. Crystal Schick/Yukon News

Alexco mine near Keno, Y.T., on August 31, 2020.

A miner moves his chip from "off site" to "on site" before entering the Alexco mine near Keno, Y.T., on September 1, 2020.

Alexco mine president Brad Thrall's safety chip is moved to "on site" before entering the Alexco mine near Keno, Y.T., on September 1, 2020.

Alexco mine president Brad Thrall, right, and a miner enter the Flame and Moth underground silver mine near Keno, Y.T., on September 1, 2020.

Alexco mine president Brad Thrall, right, and a miner enter the Flame and Moth underground silver mine near Keno, Y.T., on September 1, 2020.

A miner uses machinery to dig deeper into the tunnel at Alexco mine near Keno, Y.T., on September 1, 2020.

A miner uses machinery to dig deeper into the tunnel at Alexco mine near Keno, Y.T., on September 1, 2020.

Miners talk approximately 500 meters deep into the earth at Alexco mine near Keno, Y.T., on September 1, 2020.

Alexco mine president Brad Thrall, left, and a miner chat inside Flame and Moth underground silver mine near Keno, Y.T., on September 1, 2020.

Alexco mine president Brad Thrall, right, and a miner chat inside Flame and Moth underground silver mine near Keno, Y.T., on September 1, 2020.

Miners at Alexco mine near Keno, Y.T., on September 1, 2020.

Sample procurement drilling for Alexco mine near Keno, Y.T., on August 31, 2020.

Sample procurement drilling for Alexco mine near Keno, Y.T., on August 31, 2020.

Drillers pull rock samples from hundreds of meters deep for Alexco mine near Keno, Y.T., on August 31, 2020.

Drillers pull rock samples from hundreds of meters deep for Alexco mine near Keno, Y.T., on August 31, 2020.

Alexco mine camp, where miners sleep, exercise, eat and do laundry, near Keno, Y.T., on August 31, 2020.

Alexco mine camp, where miners sleep, exercise, eat and do laundry, near Keno, Y.T., on August 31, 2020.

2020 STANDINGS…MONTH…TOTAL

1. Darryl Dyck/Freelance…280…1200
2. Ben Nelms/CBC News…160…890
3. Cole Burston/Freelance…0…590
4. Kevin Light/Freelance…0…370
5. Evan Buhler/Freelance…50…310
6. Christopher Pike/Freelance…0…270
7. Dave Holland/Freelance…90…230
7. Jesse Winter/Freelance…0…230
8. Bernard Brault/La Presse…60…220
9. Chad Hipolito/Freelance…0…190
10. Blair Gable/Freelance…30…170