Author Topic: Bad things will happen , things I read this week  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Ken Gigliotti

• Retired Professional
    • Email
Bad things will happen , things I read this week
« on: March 09, 2012, 05:33 PM »
 6am  Central time Saturday morning - It is a funny / disturbing thing seeing your own brain fails  to accomplish simple tasks . After finishing a week of 6:30 am  breaking news shifts , reading and hearing  about an extraordinary week that featured more EU world financial  intrigue , an oversized  head shot of the sun on the front page ,warlords video , and crazy talk about a former Wpg Jet turned Leaf coach.
 The last day of the week started out with a major house fire with video at 6am and a steady jog  assignments  till the  end of a normal frantic Friday.  That normal “wired” run to the end of a tiring  week  and the realization that all the bad things we reported on in advance somehow resolved themselves .What a relief , man , the Sun on the front page , that's gotta throw you. The only other time that happened was in a Marvel Comic and Superman was also in  the pic. This time just the sun. I just kept skipping over small words as I wrote. Jez. You have to wonder what the readers of newspapers and the followers of media see when all the small papers , and all the webbie from the entire week of speculation turn to dust when the big fat Saturday paper crashed on your front step with a mighty thud.

Friday After work ,and still editing .
 Bad Things that were immanent  and the  "day before" hand wringing  and headlines  from the week that was. –Last week so many bad things were supposed to happen I don't even know why I got out of bed . Someone must have left the  Fear  Making Machine  on all week because the boss is on holidays. Everything is on sale now , there is no tomorrow. No next day either . We are shooting at f2.8 here.

Air Canada Strike , very bad things were going to happen .Collective bargaining  was coming to an end in this country. Millions  of dollars to be lost .

Viral Video of a very bad warlord in Africa gets a lot of hits .A lot of hits. Major, hits , like a lot.  Dying of embarrassment immanent .

Greek  bonds debt swap was to be traded at a 70% loss and more bad things were going to happen. Greeks will change their ways ,or else . Drinking wine in the afternoon , just before their nap has been stopped by the 1%. Portugal and Spain next.The world has been saved .If not for that pesky ...
The solar storm to cause really , really bad things . Car GPS , and  cell phones may not work as well as they usually do. World may also end if not sooner , but maybe later. Northern Lights will be way cooler than they usually are. Way , way cooler.

War with Iran imminent . Obama has their back , not ruling out military action .
Woh! What was that one again?

Really big news. Payton Manning  may be released and not get big bonus. This also thought to be a very bad thing. At least 20 NFL teams inquire about his services in the future.

Leafs get very mean coach , way meaner than the last . Mean with a Stanley Cup ring. But they  still lose the game .They lose mean.

The last depressing daily court coverage ends only to be replaced with an even more depressing case .

Newspapers daily only have 5 more years ,  weeklies may survive. Maybe the paper at the end of the week might have less fear and actual results instead of  ,day before hand wringing . I don't even pay attention to tomorrows weather forecast !I think we can multiply this one by 3 at least.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:06 AM by Ken Gigliotti »

Offline Jack Simpson

• Retired Professional
    • Email
Re: Bad things will happen , things I read this week
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:45 PM »
and the Canucks ruin their hat trick and defeat the Jets  :(

Cheers,

Jack