Author Topic: The Canadian Journalism Project interview with Larry Towell  (Read 1226 times)

Don Denton

The Canadian Journalism Project interview with Larry Towell
« on: February 07, 2014, 12:34 PM »
"LT: If I was racing against the 24-hour deadline I wouldn’t be doing what I do. I don’t even try to cover current events for the sake of the news. It’s dead in a day and you just spend your life running on a treadmill. Independent photographers can’t do that. If we’re freelance, you shouldn’t be even trying. Let the people who’ve got full-time jobs and get their paycheque do that and as long as they get the picture they’re going to be happy. But what’s it going to be worth in 10 or 20 years? So I try and shoot with a perspective of time that is a little more long-term. Part of the problem is we live in a world where everyone expects immediate results. I’m just not like that." 

"http://j-source.ca/article/visionary-photojournalist-ahead-his-time-qa-larry-towell-canada’s-first-member-magnum-photos

Mark Taylor

Re: The Canadian Journalism Project interview with Larry Towell
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:36 PM »
Sorry Don, didn't mean to mow your lawn there, in my rush to post my Q&A didn't even notice you had already done so.

Mark

Don Denton

Re: The Canadian Journalism Project interview with Larry Towell
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 03:46 PM »
No worries, great interview