Author Topic: Mike Cassese memorial golf tournament  (Read 953 times)

David Lucas

« on: April 09, 2013, 02:02 PM »
Hello Golfers and fellow Friends of Mike,

With spring hopefully just around the corner, and getting the sticks out once again, plans seem well-underway for the inaugural Mike Cassese Memorial Golf tournament scheduled for June 5th  and 6th which I trust we are all looking forward to participating in to honour our good friend.

With that being said, I wanted to follow up on something that some of you in the weeks following his untimely passing mentioned to me and thought I’d take this opportunity to address on the heels of plans for the tournament.

Many of you asked if there was a fund they could donate money to in-lieu of flowers prior to his funeral services other than the Heart and Stroke Foundation.  Money, held in trust, that could be directly used for a “University Fund” for Mike’s two boys, Daniel and David, as they look towards their future.

I’m happy to say that the “Mike’s Circle of Friends Trust Fund”  aka “M.C.O.F. Trust Fund”  has now been set up and hope we can all make use of it.  None of us are experienced at asking for contributions of this sort but to me it seems like the natural and right thing to do and something as friends of Mike, we could all be proud of participating in.

With Andrew Stawicki and Photosensitive’s generous contributions to not only the organizational aspects of the tournament but some of the funding to keep the price down, I’m hoping we could get a contribution from each of you to this “Trust” either when registering or, if you already have registered, by going back to the site and clicking on the button at the bottom of the page with an amount and credit card info.

Obviously there is no obligation, but considering the relatively moderately-priced round of golf, including meals and cart, I’m hoping all of you will open up your wallets and pitch in and make this a meaningful gesture.

If you think it’s more convenient, you can always send a cheque in the mail addressed to M.C.O.F. TRUST FUND and I will make sure it makes its way in there. That goes for anyone as well that doesn’t plan on playing but would like to contribute.  The fund has been set up at the TD Bank.  

Contact me at hderyk@gmail.com and I will pass on mailing address.

On behalf of “Mike’s Circle of Friends”, I look forward to seeing you all there, until June.

Regards,
Hans

(Edit: added a link. Warren Toda)

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:14 PM by Warren Toda »