Author Topic: NPAC 2016 Conference, Trade Show and Gala - THANK YOU!!!!  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Ali Ledgerwood

• Professional
  • Vancouver
    • Email
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to extend our thanks to everyone who attended the 2016 Annual conference, trade show and gala.  It was a great event and although there were a few faces missing due to work or other commitments, we still had a great turnout.

Huge thanks to the volunteers for the weekend.  It’s a tough job, but we couldn’t do it without you.  Amber Bracken, Peter Bregg, Gio Ciampini, Nick Didlick, Ric Ernst, Nick Iwanyshyn, Ryan Jackson, Jimmy Jeong, Stephanie Lamy, Laura May, Jae Park, Jason and Sarah Payne, Warren Toda, and last but not least, Kittie Wong, There is a lot to do over the course of the weekend, and it can be intense time, and it’s most definitely not nearly recognized enough.

To our sponsors without whom we would not be able to put together this event.  From sponsorship, advertising, donating incredible prize-giveaway swag and attending the trade show, not to mention the prize money to go to the winners, we are truly indebted.  There are so many to list here, however, we have made every endeavor to include them wherever possible.  So, when it’s possible for you, please ensure that you purchase their products and services and support those who support us.

To the portfolio reviewers who helped out on Friday night.  There was an everlasting line of students and professionals looking for feedback and it was incredible to have such a talented team to do the huge amount of work in such a short timeframe.  It’s a wonderful thing to give back to the community and future of photojournalism and it does not go unnoticed.

Here is to the speakers who gave us some serious thought provoking and inspiring work, not to mention some more than helpful suggestions to get help your profession thrive through these ever-changing times.   Thanks to Sony for providing our keynote Ben Lowy, but also a shout out to Laurence Butet-Roch, David Carson, Paul Colangelo, Johan Hallberg-Campbell, Ryan Jackson, Stacy Kranitz and Lisa Zamparo.  What a fantastic lineup! (Thanks Ben!)

To Jeff Douglas, our awesome Emcee for the NPOY gala on Saturday night.  What a great guy and a true professional!  He was amazing!

Finally, to you, the members of our fine organization, without whom we would not exist. We realize that we are in ever-changing times and we will do whatever we can to support you and ensure that there continues to be photojournalism in its finest and most professional ethical form.  We welcome suggestions and comments to help move this organization forward and we are here for you. 

I would like to add that it has been an honour and a pleasure to work with such an incredible community of consummate professionals.  I learn so much every time I am involved and I look forward to continued involvement for the remainder of 2016 and beyond. 

Cheers,
Ali

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:40 PM by Ali Ledgerwood »

Offline Fred Lum

• Professional
  • wherever Starbucks app tells me to go
    • mostlymonochrome
Re: NPAC 2016 Conference, Trade Show and Gala - THANK YOU!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 08:20 PM »
It was a great time and once again Ben got some wonderful speakers who entertained and inspired. Thanks to all who put together the conference and I was very relieved that the Bond Place Hotel was NOT the one I was familiar with ;)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:36 PM by Ali Ledgerwood »

Fred

Offline Daniel Crump

• Professional
  • Winnipeg, MB
    • Website
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 10:52 AM »
As a first timer at the conference I can honestly say it was even better than expected. The programming was well put together, the speakers were interesting and insightful and all the attendees were were so friendly, helpful and fun to talk to. Thanks everyone for all that it was nice meeting a bunch of you! Already looking forward to attending the next one!  ;D

Offline Fred Lum

• Professional
  • wherever Starbucks app tells me to go
    • mostlymonochrome
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 06:35 PM »
fwiw, I'd really, really love to go back to Ottawa next year for the conf. just saying...

Fred

Amber Bracken

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 12:31 AM »
Well said Ali, I love this community too. I think you covered everything except thank YOU for your tireless organizing, networking, fundraising and unseen hard work that keeps this all going. You're a badass:)

Ali Pearson

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 03:21 PM »
Agreed Amber!  Ali did a amazing job or organizing everything!  Thanks everyone who worked so hard to make it happen, it was a fantastic weekend!