Author Topic: VII photographer Ron Haviv shoots campaign for Lockheed Martin  (Read 1773 times)

James Helmer

Duckrabbit_Ron Haviv

Although I do not agree with the direct correlation to the death of Namir Noor-Eldeen and his driver, I can understand the direction the article is taking by its discussion. As I come from a business background, my photography as always been based on a business mind set and as such can certainly understand shooting for a corporate client makes total sense and do not fault anyone for making such a decision. However, should a person such as Ron Haviv, with such a high profile in the industry not have been more selective in the decision to shoot a campaign for such a corporate client? Does VII not have a certain responsibility to uphold its values as such a high profile agency? Does it matter?

Your comments and thoughts?

Offline Kenneth Armstrong

• Professional
  • Sault Ste Marie, ON
    • www.kennetharmstrong.ca
    • Email
Re: VII photographer Ron Haviv shoots campaign for Lockheed Martin
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 10:01 AM »
Ron Haviv has clarified the image use on his blog and it sounds reasonable to me.

http://ronhaviv.wordpress.com/2012/05/27/ron-haviv-response/

--------------------

ken@kennetharmstrong.ca
www.kennetharmstrong.ca
Photographer
Sault Ste Marie

Offline Graeme Roy

• Inactive Member
    • Email
Re: VII photographer Ron Haviv shoots campaign for Lockheed Martin
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 07:22 AM »
I find it interesting that he allows the manipulation of his images when bought as stock, expensive stock I'm sure, but still....to allow your name to be still be attached at a fake image contrived for advertising, and for an obviously contentious client on top of it, strikes me as odd.