Author Topic: Tragic news  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Warren Toda

• Administrator
  • Toronto
    • www.warrentoda.com
    • Email
Tragic news
« on: April 10, 2013, 07:03 PM »
Over the past few days, all the newspapers and TV newscasts in Canada, and beyond, have been reporting on the tragic death of Nova Scotia teen Rehtaeh Parsons.

Today her father, Glen Canning, posted on his blog. Please take a few minutes to read it.

Glen, my sincerest condolences to you and your family.

(Added: The site seems to be getting a huge number of visitors so it may take a while to get through.)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:58 PM by Warren Toda »

Photographer in Toronto
info@warrentoda.com

Offline Fred Lum

• Professional
  • wherever Starbucks app tells me to go
    • mostlymonochrome
Re: Tragic news
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 07:33 PM »
thanks Warren.

Fred

Offline David Chidley

• Professional
  • near Calgary, Alberta
    • Dave Chidley website
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 08:01 PM »
Thank you, for the link.  

I am numb.

It took a half a dozen tries to get on to read Glen's message.  Please take the time, keep trying until you get there.  I have been sitting here for a long while not able to process it after reading the heartfelt, personal posting.  

Glen, I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. My deepest condolences.

For all our daughters, I hope we do more than something.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:05 PM by David Chidley »

Dave Chidley Photography
http://davechidley.ca/

Lyle Aspinall

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 10:59 AM »
Thanks for posting that, Warren. As a father, this story resonates on many levels.

Offline Jack Simpson

• Retired Professional
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 08:27 PM »
Geez, I heard that on the radio this morning and was wondering
if it was the Glen Canning from here ....

Horrendous news and, although not a father, this story cannot "not"
affect any male out there  :(

Glen, I really don't know what I can say but my thoughts are with you,
your family, friends and with all your daughters friends ....

Sincerely,

Jack Simpson

Greg Fulmes

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 02:29 PM »
I cannot imagine the hurt that Mr. Canning and all those who knew and loved Rehtaeh are experiencing. My heartfelt condolences to you all.
Those who reportedly raped her and all those who perpetuated that rape by posting pictures, bullying her and making her feel like it was her fault must, in some way, pay. Whether by our justice system, or simply by knowing that for the rest of their lives they will feel the guilt that they played a part in the tragic end of a young girl's life.
Our politicians, our justice system, our police, our schools, our communities and we, the parents of children across this country must wake up and realize what is happening and the dire consequences of inaction.
I signed the petition started by Sherri B. and I encourage all of you to do the same. It is up to us to create change.
In the coming days I will talk with my children about what happened to Rehtaeh and to Amanda Todd. And what we can do to try to ensure it doesn't ever happen to another child.

Rod MacIvor

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 09:03 AM »
Thanks for posting...I went to the blog.  A beautifully written but tragic message in his blog. So Sad!!!!