Author Topic: photo credits at MACLEAN'S  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Jim Cochrane

• Lifetime
    • Email
photo credits at MACLEAN'S
« on: May 25, 2016, 11:35 AM »
Below is a copy of the message that I recently sent to Maclean's regarding photo credits. I think it is self explanatory and
I hope it is not too offensive for this forum. Bye the way, happy to be back "on-line"

I am a retired professional photographer, 24 years in the military as a PR photographer, another 20 as Chief photographer with the Edmonton Journal. Founding member and president for many years of the Western Canadian News Photographers association, which has since melded with the Ontario news photographer and which is now the News Photographers of Canada Association.

For a magazine that uses photographs so well, why do you demean the photographers by often having no, or in most cases extremely small photo credits? How easy it would be to put,” photo by………” in the photo caption.
I can think of no reason for this other than a great lack of respect for the photographers. I notice that reporters names are not treated in this way.
Jim Cochrane
780-478-1256

Jimmy Jeong

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:17 PM »
I agree Jim. Good on you. Always wondered how hard it would be to add the photo credit right beside the reporter's name.