Author Topic: A few questions RE: Loyalist College  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Andrej Ivanov

• Professional
  • Toronto, ON
    • Andrej Ivanov Photography
    • Email
A few questions RE: Loyalist College
« on: May 21, 2016, 08:37 PM »
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask a few questions regarding Loyalist College. Would anyone be able to tell me who teaches the photojournalism classes out there? I wasn't able to find that information. Further to that, could anyone tell me what the advantages of studying at Loyalist are, and finally what the advantages post-studies (I.E.: Career-wise) are?

I appreciate any and every bit of input you can give me!

Offline Ali Ledgerwood

• Professional
  • Vancouver
    • Email
Re: A few questions RE: Loyalist College
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 07:24 PM »
Hi Andrej,

Frank O'Connor is heading up the Photojournalism course at Loyalist College.  Really good guy.  I personally can't comment of the advantages as I have never been there, but I do know that many of NPAC members have come from Loyalist including John Lehmann from the Globe and Mail and Ben Nelms who is an Independent photographer but has shot for the Globe and Reuters.  There are a number of Award winning photographers that have come from Loyalist, but that's as far as I can comment.  You're best to contact Frank and I'm sure he would be able to give you an idea on the benefits on attending.  You can reach him at: foconnor@loyalistc.on.ca.

I hope that helps a bit.  Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers,
Ali

Steve Russell

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 01:09 AM »
Loads of grads in the business.
As for outlook on the business I suggest you follow some of the work of recent grads.
Marta Iwanek, Michelle Sui, Cole Burston, Justin Tang are some good places to start!

Another of the instructors at Loyalist is Patti Gower.
She and Frank really balance out the program as far as their individual styles go!