Author Topic: Ottawa Lecture with Louie Palu  (Read 1144 times)

Louie Palu

« on: November 16, 2012, 11:35 AM »
I am in Ottawa for my exhibition of photographs from Kandahar at the Canadian War Museum. I am giving a lecture tomorrow Saturday November 17, 2012.

Details here:

Lecture featuring Louie Palu
Saturday, November 17 at 2pm
Canadian War Museum
Ottawa, ON, Canada

As part of the special exhibition of Louie Palu's photographs at the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa, which opens November 1, 2012 a special lecture will take place in which Louie Palu will talk about his experiences covering the front lines in Kandahar, Afghanistan from 2006-2010. The Exhibition is composed of a special set of exhibition prints, some never seen before of Canadian, American and Afghan troops during combat operations in the districts located west of Kandahar City.

Palu will discuss his work and time covering the war in this lecture in which he will show some of his most compelling work in still photographs and video. Palu's archive of photographs and video is one of the most unique visual archives of Canadians at war produced by a single photographer.

http://www.warmuseum.ca/event/kandahar-photographing-the-frontline-by-louie-palu

Offline James Park

• Professional
    • Email
Re: Ottawa Lecture with Louie Palu
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 01:50 AM »
Went and was great presentation!
can't wait to see more photos and your next project from Mexico!