Author Topic: Vancouver Riot  (Read 3522 times)

Offline Tijana Martin

• Professional
  • Lethbridge, Alberta
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
      • Tijana Martin Photography
      • Email
Vancouver Riot
« on: June 16, 2011, 09:32 PM »
Hello,

I was downtown shooting the Canucks fans last night, and unfortunately a riot ended up taking place. I stayed out shooting for a while and managed to get a lot of shots of the riot that I've posted on my blog.

I was featured on Wordpress.com under the "freshly pressed" of the day. I've managed to get a lot of views on my post : http://tijanamartinphotography.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/vancouver-riot/
I was looking to get some critique on my work from other photographers to find out what you guys think works and what doesn't.

Any critique or advice would be greatly appreciated, as I am always looking to improve.

Thank you,

Tijana

Offline Lyle Aspinall

• Professional
  • Calgary, Alberta, Canada
      • Lyle Aspinall Photography
Re: Vancouver Riot
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 10:30 AM »
That punch shot nine from the top is gonna stay in my mind for a long time. Compelling pic.

Offline Tim Smith

• Inactive Member
      • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 08:54 PM »
I agree with Lyle. The punch shot is great. I'd say that one stands out the most but I like the other fight ones as well because you got in nice and close. The best advice I have for improvement is to pour over the many other images from the riot to see where you succeeded and what shots you missed. Very nice shots overall for a graduating student. You didn't shy away from what could be an intimidating event for many new photojournalists.

-tim-

Offline Tijana Martin

• Professional
  • Lethbridge, Alberta
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
      • Tijana Martin Photography
      • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Thanks Lyle! I think that one is my favourite.

Thanks Tim for the advice, I really appreciate it! I've definitely gone through the other images from that night, and I've been sure to check out a lot of  what the other photographers managed to come out with. It's nice to be able to see all the versatility in all the photos taken that night.

Ryan McLeod

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 05:18 PM »
I would say that I also agree with Lyle, I think that the punch shot should be larger than the others, at at the very top of the blog. it really is the centre piece of your gallery