Author Topic: A very good portfolio review with Ami Vitale  (Read 3379 times)

Yves Choquette

A very good portfolio review with Ami Vitale
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:08 PM »
Hello all,

Recently I subscribed for a portfolio review with Ami Vitale through this organisation, "The Compelling image" so I just want to share
my feelings.

It cost me $189 but I really got for my money as Ami was able to point out exactly whats wrong with my work and what to do to improve it.
She had a look at my website and we had an 1 hour video conference with Skype couple of days after. Because it is live, I was able to react on spot to her suggestions, asking questions and having answers right away also.

It is the first time I pay for this kind of service over the net but I do not regret it at all and recommend it all the way.

http://www.thecompellingimage.com/

Yves

Jason Krausert

Re: A very good portfolio review with Ami Vitale
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 05:26 PM »
Thanks Yves. I wasn't aware of Ami's service. It's good to know about for the future. Take care.

Peter Jones

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 12:04 PM »
Now this is a good way to make some extra money. Moe? Graeme? you in?

Yves Choquette

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 02:02 PM »
As TCI take a part of the $189, she spend time looking at all the photos on my website, she spend almost 1 hour and a half (suppose to be 1 hour) with me through Skype. So, not sure you can come rich out of this.

She's not the only one who do portfolio review. Her name and reputation count for much in my decision. It could have be risky also as you can be the best photographer in the world but the worst pedagogue also. But I'm happy it happens she's very good at this, she have the sensibility to point out my strengh and my weakness.

Too many times I heard photogs complaining about portfolio review, the only thing they got from is 10 minutes of "that s... that s... that s... thank you and  good luck, next!!"

You also must have some open mind when arguing with others.  ::)

Offline Graeme Roy

• Professional
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
      • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 12:48 PM »
Now this is a good way to make some extra money. Moe? Graeme? you in?

Oh ya, next year at NPAC I'm bringing a jar for tips.

Yves Choquette

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 01:18 PM »
I will add my 2 cents  ;)