2017 General Meeting
The 2017 Annual General Meeting was held on May 6, 2017, at the Bond Place Hotel in Toronto.
Links to previous AGMs and Financial Reports can be found at the bottom of this page.
Call To Order
• As quorum was achieved, President Amber Bracken called the annual general meeting to order.
Adoption of Agenda
• Graeme Roy motioned to accept the agenda and was seconded by Chris Donovan. Motion passed.
Adoption of Previous Minutes
• Dave Chidley motioned to accept the adoption of the previous minutes from April 23, 2016. Seconded by Chris Roussakis. Motion passed.
Business Arising from Previous Minutes
• No business arising from the minutes.
• Financial reports were delivered by Ali Ledgerwood. The financials were accepted and adopted by Ric Ernst and seconded by Amber Bracken. The financial reports have been posted on the NPAC website (link at the bottom of this page).
• It was raised to have a monthly breakdown of spending available online to ensure that there is full transparency to NPAC spending. The Executive to follow up and announce any updates.
• Discussion on how NPAC can further engage the membership and new members, including more engagement with the students. A need for a Student Chair has been identified to look into opportunities such as having NPAC pros speak with students, media materials, and constant follow-up to ensure continued interest with the organization, what it offers and the opportunities within the NPOY.
• Discussion regarding scholarship opportunities as well as having the ability of any member to donate NPOY entry fees for those who are unable to afford them. The Executive will review and discuss any changes to the NPOY fee structure and future programmes when available.
• The Clip Contest was raised regarding its format, range and elevating the options that are available. The Executive will discuss options and make announcements at the earliest opportunity prior to the start of the 2018 clip contest.
• Judging for the NPOY to be reviewed. The Executive will review and announce any changes for the 2018 contest at the earliest possible opportunity.
Election of Executives
• As the two-year term of the Executive have come to an end, as per our By-laws, an election was held. The new Executives are:
Cole Burston, President
Nick Iwashynan, Vice-President
Gio Ciampini, Secretary
Jason Payne, Treasurer
Ali Ledgerwood, Executive Director
Chris Donovan, Student Chair
Next Meeting Date and Adjournment
• The next meeting date and location is to be determined and adjournment was motioned and passed unanimously. Meeting adjourned.
Signed: Cole Burston, President
Dated: May 6, 2017.
Financial Report (PDF) for the year ending January 31, 2017.
Previous General Meetings: